Lower Danube basin
OVERVIEW OF DEMO AIM
The main goal is to create an efficient network of stakeholders trained to apply the methods and scenarios identified in the project, in order to promote sustainable development for extreme events mitigation by using the ecosystems services, ecological (re)construction and green solutions.
Nature Based Solutions
- A range of biological, ecological, forest and water bodies green management solutions;
- The goal of these activities will focus on developing green solutions for natural hazards prevention after a collective stakeholder identification of the problems;
- As an example: the continuous durable development of a green Danube while ensuring a safe and continuous navigation on the Danube river.
Main Outcomes Sought
Developing green solutions for flood prevention; identify the best solutions for solving the numerous navigation problems on this sector of the Danube; develop innovative solutions in order to provide water for consumption, and green solutions for preventing the intensification of extreme events like drought and desertification.
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Waters and Forests
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- National Administration Romanian Waters
- General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations
- National Association of Insurance and Reinsurance Companies
- Lower Danube River Administration
- Local authorities & NGOs