City of Rotterdam
OVERVIEW OF DEMO AIM
The aim is to design, develop and demonstrate the impact of applying a small-scale green infrastructure strategy Micro Urban Wetlands (MUW). The strategy aims the give insights into the feasibility of adding decentralised solutions to the existing infrastructure to collect, store, inﬁltrate and recover urban surface runoff as nature-based solution to prevent damage due to pluvial ﬂooding and drought in the city of Rotterdam.
Nature Based Solutions
- Aquifer Storage and Recovery
Main Outcomes Sought
- The potential for the viability of applying MUW as sustainable water management measure.
- Potential locations to implement MUW across the city of Rotterdam.
- Operationalising the Insurance value of MUW systems.
- Innovative business models and payment schemes for urban green infrastructure.
- Municipality of Rotterdam
- Water board Delﬂand
- Water utility company